November 9, 2009

Poe in the Post


While in Baltimore this weekend, I paid a visit to the Baltimore Museum of Art, which is currently hosting an Edgar Allan Poe exhibit. It was amazing! There were works on display from Gauguin, Manet and Matisse, among others. Because it was a special exhibit, I was unfortunately not allowed to take pictures of the works of art.


I was, however, able to pick up this fabulous postcard at the museum store! I do love buying correspondence materials at museum shops, I feel like it's a way for me to share a part of the experience with friends who don't have the opportunity to see the exhibits in person.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

oh my god I would die to see this exhibit Im a big poe fan awesome just awesome .

Jackie Flaherty said...

Enjoyed your post! I also like buying stationery/postcards from the museum shops and sending to friends. You can still get Poe postage stamps at www.usps.com if you don't have any. They would be great for this card.