November 17, 2009

Everyday Correspondence Community Project Proposal

Dear Readers,

These last few days, I've been giving serious thought to producing a zine for and from the Everyday Correspondence community. For those of you unfamiliar with the medium, think of mainstream magazines like Newsweek and People as the big studio movies of the periodicals industry. A zine would be like a student art film, shot on a camera phone and edited on her parents' computer.

The idea is to put out a call for submissions around a TBD central issue theme. And then for me to put them together, add whatever necessary elements for the zine to be cohesive, and then publish it at my local FedEx Kinkos. Distribution would be by mail.

Why? Because while the internet is well and good, sometimes it's nice to have something to read on a road trip, to place on your coffee table, to write on with a pen, to cut out an amazing picture, and to hold in your hands as you to say, "I helped make this."

So, before I get too far with this idea, is anyone interested in participating?

Itching for collaboration,

James

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested. I suppose once the TBD part is well, D'd, I would be better able to decide if and how I could contribute.

Gina (sorry, no URL)

Phil said...

I'm with Gina. TBD would make a difference but I'm very interested.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea! I'd love to help/contribute/read :)

PostMuse said...

I would be interested in collaborating. Even issues that I really don't know much about, I'd try to contribute something.

Passion said...

This sounds like fun :)

Okami said...

Sounds like it might be fun!

Patty Davidson said...

I've often thought I'd like to make a zine of my own. So far, that hasn't happened....so I would definitely be interested in collaborating.

Megan said...

I'd be interested. I usually only read and rarely comment here, but I love your blog and think a zine would be awesome! If the TBD date is ever determined, be sure to post about it. =)

Anu said...

I'm interested :)

Jackie Flaherty said...

James, this sounds like a fantastic idea and I would definitely be interested!

Jackie
www.lettersandjournals.blogspot.com

Cecelia said...

another interested lurker...!

BigEyes World said...

I'd be interested in everything. Love zines and post!

www.lauralvarez.com

James said...

Wonderful! I'm glad to hear that so many of you are on board with this idea. I will be using a bit of my free time around the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday to flesh out the concept and post for submissions.

Thanks to all of you for responding so positively.

Yours in collaboration,

James

Raellyn said...

I'm interested!

James said...

The zine is now accepting submissions! If you'd like to request a submission packet, please e-mail me at james[at]everydaycorrespondence[dot]com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

James