February 5, 2010

Pallarols Inkstand Envelope



Several months ago, I stumbled upon an article about a silversmith named Juan Carlos Pallarols from Argentina, who works for months, sometimes years, on single pieces of art. One of his specialties is writing accessories, the products of which are often purchased by kings and... Antonio Banderas.



At the time, I tore out the page and tucked it away in my bag. Then, today, I came upon the article, which included some great pictures. And I did the most logical thing I could think of, I made the page into an envelope to send to a pen pal who loves fountain pens. I used a Gary Cooper stamp on the envelope because his is the classiest looking mug in my current stock of postage.

I would love to own one of these fine pieces! But, then again, I might rather spend the $25,000 required to purchase one on things that would make me feel way less guilty.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love, love, love your envelope! And the Gary Cooper stamp! I'd be so happy to find this envelope in my mail box.

I haven't made envelopes for a long time. These days, I am all about collage cards and postcards. Pls stop by my blog for a link to the Benevolent Postcard Society. You might be interested to see what BPS has been up to.

Eliza Ward said...

Those pens look lovely, as is your envelope. By the way, I'm glad you're back online :)