February 22, 2010

Correspondence as a Message of Love

It is with a bit of sadness that I inform you, dear readers, that blotter paper has been placed on indefinite hold due to an insufficient response to last year's calls for submissions. While I do plan on picking up the project again later this year, it is unclear what will come of it. In the meantime, I want to publish some of the brilliant work I did receive here, on Everyday Correspondence.

[click image to enlarge]

This magnificent hand drawn piece, by Laura Alvarez, is titled "Correspondence as a Message of Love." The grey border is from the template, which will be removed should blotter paper ever move to print. I hope it doesn't get in the way.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Missive Maven said...

James, I do hope this project does come through! Winter is my busiest time, but in March things get a lot easier. I did consider jumping into the fray, but I never could have met the wintertime deadline. If you revisit this in spring or summer, I can jump in with something.

James said...

MM, that would be wonderful! I asked for feedback, and most people responded that the time of year was just too busy. So, I'm thinking that late spring or early summer (once school is out) will be better for a second attempt.

Stephanie said...

Aww! I'm glad some people at least responded to your call for submissions. I would be too intimidated, and didn't really know what kind of things you wanted submitted, but I hope blotter paper DOES go to print sometime because I would certainly like to see it!

BigEyes World said...

Thanks for having my peace here!! I would suggest to create a flickr group and make an open call... maybe it helps!!