September 17, 2009

Minty Fresh Letter


To enhance the letter opening experience, a pen pal recently sent me a letter laced with mint tea. The objective was for me to feel the wonderful crane paper envelope, see the creative designs, and to smell the mood with which I was intended to read the letter. Or at least that's my interpretation of her intentions.

Unfortunately, the scent was gone by the time I opened the envelope. But I got the point and I appreciated the thought! I'm going to respond with a "multi-sensory" attempt of my own.

Have you ever sent or received a multi-sensory mailing? I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

PNT said...

This one intrigues me on two levels. First, it calls into question that old trope perfumed letters. Second, it makes me wonder how you could go about making sure a smell-o-gram arrived as fresh as the day you sent it. I'm thinking some sort of decorative-foil-lined envelope?

Anonymous said...

I wonder that too PNT/James! I once got a letter from Japan laced with ... Japanese cherry blossom (heavenly! I just truly adore that smell) and unfortunately the envelope did not have a return address so I could not ask. It was a surprise envie sent via http://www.sendsomething.net Speaking of which, many of the unique envelopes I have ever got came from members of that page.