August 20, 2009

Pre-Made Postal Products


While I usually prefer to make my own envelopes and create my own unique stationery, there are some times when I want the crisp look of a card. On the down side, I don't usually keep many cards in my stationery stack. On the up side, I found my way into a Marshall's while in Minnesota (I can't stay away from my favorite store for long!). There, I picked up a box of Edward Gorey cards, by Pomegranate. I've long heard exultation about Gorey from the Missive Maven, but this was the first time I'd actually seen any in a store, let alone on sale (12 cards and envelopes for $4.99).

What is your latest paper purchase and/or stationery steal?

5 comments:

The Missive Maven said...

MARSHALL'S HAS EDWARD GOREY CARDS NOW??? One never knows what will turn up there! Hmmm, I may need to visit my local Marshall's soon.

Incidentally, I have this box of cards, which has special significance pour moi as my name begins with I.

You got yourself a sweet deal on those cards, sir!

Anonymous said...

Latest paper purchase? Shag Tiki Stationary Set, purchased from Things From Another World. I love the designs, they are awesome. But, woe...they are not FP-friendly. Alas.

The Missive Maven said...

Re: Shag Tiki - I find it depends on the pen/ink combo. I am fine with Noodler's HOD in just about anything and Waterman Black in my Parker 51. But I concede a lot of things don't work on that paper.

James said...

MM,
Marshall's sure does! In fact, they have a number of sets from Pomegranate. I've seen many of their cards before, but this was the first Gorey. And, hats off to you for your fine taste in card art.

James

sunt_lacrimae_rerum said...

I have found some nice things at etsy.com--I look under "note-cards" or "stationery".

I hope that I will someday have the time to "make my own"--but then again I never learned to "roll my own" so I might shuffle off this mortal coil before I discover into which tiny cell of which vagrant vein my artistic talent has been concealed.