August 21, 2009

Pre-Made Postal Products: Part Deux


Yesterday, I mentioned crispness as one reason why I like cards so much. This card depicting the Brooklyn Bridge is a perfect example of what I mean by that statement. The picture is just right, and while it is shot in black and white, there are so many greys that there is lots of depth in the image.


The envelope paired with the card adds further dimension, while still sticking to the two color scheme, by surprising the card's recipient with a shiny black envelope liner. Writing on the blank interior of this card, I kept it simple and used a fountain pen filled with Waterman Black ink. I hope the recipient, Patty at Just Letter Rip, enjoys reading it as much as I did composing it.

As you can tell, I really like the black and white theme. I find it clean, calming, and classic. What about you, what color combination really gets you going? Why?

No comments: