August 18, 2009

Postal Roadkill


ARGH! It was bound to happen sometime. I finally received a letter whose wax seal was destroyed by postal service machinery. It looked like it would have been a really great seal, too. It appears to have once been a frog.

On the plus side, I got a letter sealed with wax. That's still neat. And, the rest of the letter was in tip top condition.

Thanks to the consistently superior performance of the United States Postal Service, this is the very first "incident" I've ever had with them. But I guess every once in a while, even a finely tuned delivery machine has to goof.

What's your experience? Do you have any postal "horror stories" you'd like to share?

3 comments:

365 Letters said...

No horror stories come to mind, but your experience reminds me that I should use my wax seals more often. I have several seals and a variety of wax sticks. I just forget to use them nowadays. I think I'll find them tonight! Happy Letter Writing!

Anonymous said...

poor roadkill froggy :( My own wax seal review is coming up shortly....just waiting to get some international input ^_^

Judy H said...

This was in the late 70's. I was in college in East Texas. Nearby there was a town, Big Sandy. Zip started with 75xxx. My grandparents lived in Big Sandy, Tennessee...zip started with 38xxx. No matter that I spelled out Tennessee which is longer than Texas or the zip 38 vs 75, but every letter I sent to them for 3 years would come back to me as no such address because they would send it to Big Sandy TX rather than TN.