July 6, 2009

Vintage Stamps


To my great joy, I received this Nancy Drew fold-and-mail in the post last week. The penpal that sent this item is a master of creative correspondence. If universities gave away honorary MFAs, she'd have received one by now.

It's very tough to photograph but on the four corners around the address box, there are touches fo gold glitter. It may not seem like much, but they shimmer very brightly. High class.


The next thing that jumped out at my upon receipt of this gem was the line of vintage postage stamps on the front of the envelope.


And on one of the inside sheets tucked into the fold-and-mail was this brilliant stamp!

I love receiving correspondence from this penpal, she never sends letters - she sends works of art.

1 comment:

The Missive Maven said...

Awww, golly shucks... Your praise is too much. I do appreciate it.

I'm not shy (as long as you so kindly blot out my last name, as you did, and any text inside) - you can credit me! :-) Because you're much more timely than I am on the blogging schedule, and I bet you'll always manage to post my letters before I do.