July 7, 2009

Cocktail Sticker

One of my dearest friends is getting married next month, and I was given the honor of being the only male invited to her bachelorette party. The individuals who put together the invitations did a smashing job on them, using textured papers, metallic paint markers and a few stickers with rhinestones.


This was my favorite of the set, located next to the return address. I always appreciate it when people go through the trouble of not only sending out an invitation to an event in the first place, but actually putting time and creativity into the invitations, such that the recipient truly feels honored to be invited to attend the event.

3 comments:

The Missive Maven said...

Wow, what an honor! I'm sure it will be a fun party.

As for that sticker - awesome! Was this on the OUTSIDE of the envelope? I am always worried about using 3-d stickers, even a puffy sticker, on the outside of en envelope for fear it will get caught in a machine (or just get ripped off).

James said...

Indeed it was on the exterior of the envelope. I think, maybe, the reason it survived the trip is because the envelope was square, and thus non-machinable. So it was sorted by hand and not at risk of being ripped off. ...maybe that's a good trick to use when sealing with wax. I can't believe that's never dawned on me before.

Way to get me thinking, Maven!

James

The Missive Maven said...

Oh wow, that's brilliant! I didn't realize the reason square envelopes needed more postage is because they're non-machinable. Fascinating.