June 23, 2009

Drool-Worthy Pen Catalog

I have no affiliation with Fountain Pen Hospital, but as a fountain pen enthusiast, I did request one of their catalogs. As it turns out, it's a beautiful volume, deserving of a place on my coffee table.

There are 90 thick, glossy pages of beautiful fountain pens.

Out of pure coincidence, the pens I find to be most attractive all happen to be from German brands: Lamy, Pelikan, Faber Castell, Reform and my favorite, Graf von Faber Castell. Curiously enough, although I love the aforementioned brands, I don't own a pen from any of them. Maybe in time, when my budget will allow.


At the moment, my collection of fountain pens (which I use to write my correspondence) is heavy on American made pens such as: Parker, Cross and Esterbrook.

If you're in the marker for fountain pens, or if, like me, you just enjoy high quality window shopping, I suggest you order this catalog. You can request a free catalog on the Fountain Pen Hospital website by clicking the "free catalog" button next to the header on their website.

2 comments:

PostMuse said...

Ooooo... this will make for some lovely lunchtime window shopping! I haven't got a fountain pen yet. I am going to try the Lamy Safari first, just to make sure I like writing with one. I like very fine pens and haven't been able to find roller ball pens that fine.

James said...

PostMuse,

From what I hear, the Lamy Safari is a wonderful choice for a first fountain pen! You'll have to let the fountain pen community know what you think at fountainpennetwork.com when you've been able to take a Safari for a test spin.

Peace,

James